NOTE: Please see details of the new Brittany Angeltvedt Memorial Fund below.
For over eighty-six years, the B.C. Pipers' Association has fostered a world-class environment for the development of pipers, drummers, and pipe bands in British Columbia.
Our events, activities and programs include:
- Competitions, recitals, and concerts.
- Support for music instruction and Highland Games
- Piping and drumming events to support fundraising for charitable causes
- Seminars and clinics advancing the art of piping and drumming
Members of our Association have won twelve (!) World Pipe Band Championships, and many Gold and Silver medals in Scotland.
Your gift will advance these programs for young pipers and drummers and continue enhancing their development into world-class musicians.
Donations may be made through the form below. Alternately, donations can be sent by mail to:
British Columbia Pipers' Association
c/o 8845 212A St.
Langley, BC V1M 2J9
The B.C. Pipers' Association is a Registered Charity with the Canada Revenue Agency (Registration No. 889778197RR0001).
Any donations over $20 (CAD) made to the B.C. Pipers' Association are eligible for a charitable tax receipt.
Please note that the Canadian tax credit on a charitable donation in BC may be as high as 44%. For example, if a $200 donation to BCPA is your only charitable donation for the year, you would receive a Canadian tax credit of $40 (net cost to you of the donation would be $160). However, if you have already given $200 to charities for the year, an additional $100 donation to BCPA would provide you an additional tax credit of $44 (net cost to you of the additional donation would be $56).
Also, there is an additional 25% tax credit for Canadian first time donors after March 20, 2013. See the details of this special tax credit here
Check out the Canadian charitable donation tax credit calculator here
to see the benefits to charities and to you of your donations.
Brittany Angeltvedt Memorial Fund
The Brittany Angeltvedt Memorial Fund has been established in memory of Brittany Angeltvedt, two-time World Pipe Band Champion with the Simon Fraser University Pipe Band and four-time winner of the BCPA Grand Aggregate Award for Open Tenor Drumming.
The fund is intended to support tuition bursaries for tenor drumming education and travel bursaries for tenor drummers to compete at international tenor drumming championship events.
Boney Music Memorial Fund
The Boney Music Memorial Fund has been established to support, promote and advance piping activities and events that were dear to Andrew Bonar.
It is intended for activities and events that involve advancement of young skilled pipers in traditional and creative competition environments, using piping to advance charitable causes, and to encourage piping performances to support the broad range of traditional and contemporary highland dances.
Examples include but are not limited to
- The Boney Music Memorial Invitational, a piping competition featuring the top Open pipers in the BC Pipers' Association Grand Aggregate standings to raise monies for brain cancer research for the BC Cancer Foundation
- The Competing Pipers' Association (CPA) Combined B&C Grade Piobaireachd event at the BCPA Annual Gathering, to enable young Open pipers to build their competitive CPA recognized track records at competitions in the BCPA region and in North America
- Encouraging pipers to learn the art of playing for highland dances and to encourage regular performances for highland dancing competitions